François Lemaître is a member of the Brussels Bar Association since 2017 and an Associate, member of the Intellectual Property & IT law and of the Commercial & Corporate law departments, at Pierstone Brussels.
He is fluent in French and English with a working knowledge of Dutch.
During his career, François gained experience and expertise in a wide range of economic sectors and his practice focuses on the legal aspects of Commercial and Contract Law, Intellectual Property, Dispute Resolution and complex litigation.
François advises and represents his clients in the following areas:
- Commercial law, Commercial disputes and Distribution agreements,
- Complex expertise proceedings and actions for hidden defects
- Contract law with a focus on the applicability of general terms and conditions
- Intellectual Property and IPR enforcement
- International private law, with a particular focus on UE Regulations on applicable law, jurisdiction, recognition & enforcement of judgments
- Execution law, debt recovery and seizures
- Real estate law, incl. regulation of online activities of intermediary in real estate
- Liability law and indemnification claims
- Banking Law
In 2017, François followed a traineeship at the Belgian boutique law firm Clerens practicing commercial law to start his career in the same firm as junior associate later on that year.
The law firm Clerens joined Pierstone in 2020. Since then, François has been an Associate and member of the Intellectual Property and IT law as well as the Commercial Law Department of Pierstone.
François graduated in 2017 as Master in Law at the University of Louvain (UCL) with a specialisation in Business law (Law of the Firm) and a focus on both Contract & Goods and Banking & Finance law.
He also engaged in the Finance Traineeship given by Leleux Associated Brokers at the Louvain School of Management (LSM) (2017).
François is currently following an LL.M. in Intellectual Property and Information Technologies law at the University of Leuven (KUL) while practicing at Pierstone.