Jeanne Jacobs – Gilhuis is is a (returning) member of the Dutch Bar Association since 2019 and Of Counsel at Pierstone Brussels.
She is fluent in Dutch and English.
Jeanne has substantial experience in European Data Protection Law, IT/ IP law and compliance, both in-house and in private practice, with a focus on the following areas:
- Data protection law
- E-commerce law
- IT contracts
- Acting as Data Protection Officer
- Developing and implementing (privacy) compliance/integrity programs
Since 2019 Pierstone Brussels – Of Counsel, with a focus on data protection law
Since 2018 Jacobs Privacy & Compliance, Amsterdam – Self employed Data Protection Counsel/Officer
2004 – 2018 Amsterdam Airport Schiphol/Schiphol Group – Legal Counsel, Compliance Officer and Data Protection Officer, with secondments at Brisbane Airport Corporation (BAC), Brisbane, QLD Australia – Secondment (July 2017) and Port of Amsterdam – Secondment (March – July 2016)
2003 – 2004 Utrechtse Juristen Groep – Senior Legal Consultant
2002 – 2003 Jacobs & Gilhuis, Amsterdam – Self employed Legal Counsel
1998 – 2002 Stibbe law firm, Amsterdam – Attorney at law, with a focus on trademark law, copyright law, IT contracts, e-commerce and data protection
- 2018: International Association for Privacy Professionals (IAPP):
- Certified Information Privacy Professional/Europe (CIPP/E)
- Certified Information Privacy Professional Management (CIPP/M)
- Certified Information Privacy Technologist (CIPPT)
- 2010: Mediation education (Dialogue)
- 1998 – 2001: Professional education for legal practice of the Dutch Bar Association, Amsterdam, the Netherlands
- 1992 -1997: Master in Law at the Free University of Amsterdam, Private Law and Intellectual Property Law, including exchange program with the University of California, Berkeley USA (1996)
- Human & Tech Institute, a foundation stimulating innovation and trust
- International Association for Privacy Professionals (IAPP)
- Dutch Privacy Law Association (VPR)
- Dutch Association for Data Protection Officers (NGFG)
2015 ‘Privacy for Legal Counsel’, Lustrum booklet of the Dutch Association for Legal Counsel.
2014 – 2019 Data protection lectures and workshops at various seminars for legal professionals (e.g. Dutch Privacy Law Association, Kluwer, IIR (Institute for International Research) and for Schiphol Group employees.
Compliance & integrity lectures and workshops at seminars (e.g. Kluwer) and for Schiphol Group employees.
2013 Cloud computing law workshops for Schiphol Group employees
2006 – 2010 Contract law and Intellectual property law workshops for Schiphol Group employees
2004 Data Protection law lecture at client seminar of Utrechtse Juristen Groep
2000 – 2001 Privacy on the Internet lecture at various seminars for legal professionals (e.g. Kluwer)