Tzeni Varfi is a Senior Legal Counsel, member of the Intellectual Property & IT law and of the Regulatory & Trade law departments, at Pierstone Brussels.
Tzeni is fluent in English, French, Italian and Greek (mother tongue).
During her career, Tzeni gained sound experience and significant expertise working for 10 years in data privacy, big data management and data protection policies at EU level. Her field of expertise encompasses, amongst others, the following areas:
- Intellectual Property (IPR enforcement);
- Competition Law (State aid and Merger cases in the field of Energy, Media and Electronics sectors);
- Trade practices, including advertising, promotions, contests and prize draws, general terms & conditions and consumer contracts;
- GDPR (data access, data sharing, data interoperability, international data transfers (Binding Corporate Rules).
- 2020- … : Senior Legal Counsel at Pierstone, Brussels
- 2018-2019: Senior Lawyer at European Court of Human Rights, Strasbourg
- 2016-2018: Policy and Legal Officer at FairTrials, Brussels
- 2015-2016: Legal Consultant at ICF, Brussels
- 2013 – 2015: Project Coordinator, Researcher at KU Leuven, Leuven
- 2012: Junior Consultant at Ecorys, Brussels
- 2011 – 2012: Legal trainee (BlueBook) at European Commission
Tzeni holds a Master of Laws degree in European Union Law from the College of Europe and she accomplished a Post-Master Research on International Law from the University of Bordeaux IV.
Get in touch